- Be 18 years or older
- Provide a signed statement from a doctor that they are in sound physical and mental health, free of communicable disease, and have no medical problems that will interfere with training to become a massage therapist, shiatsu practitioner, or personal trainer
- Be able to read, write and speak English
- Provide a copy of his or her high school diploma, college diploma or equivalency certificate
- Read and submit an enrollment agreement along with $100.00 non-refundable registration fee.
- Contact the massage therapy school to get an application*, or print the form and mail it in.
- Arrange a tour, and interview.
- Submit completed application along with the $25.00 application fee.
- Submit doctor’s note* and copy of high school diploma* or equivalency certificate.
- Read and submit the enrollment agreement along with the $100.00 registration fee.
*The application, a copy of your high school diploma or equivalency, and the signed statement from your doctor must be provided prior to the start of classes.
Transfer of Credit
An applicant may be eligible to transfer credit if they have studied at an accredited school, providing the course meets the standards of the Institute for Therapeutic Massage, and how it applies to our Massage & Bodywork, Eastern Bodywork – Shiatsu, Personal Training, Clinical Massage Therapy, and Hospital Based Medical Massage Therapy Program. Please speak with a New Jersey school admissions representative to see if the course work you are interested in transferring for credit qualifies.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Institute for Therapeutic Massage does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion, physical disability, or sexual orientation.